By Chef: Golubka
Posted: March 7, 2013
It’s chocolate with benefits! Enjoy an added crispy crunch as well as additional nutrients like powerful bioflavonoid rutin to strengthen capillary walls, B vitamins for stress management, and minerals magnesium, calcium, and boron for bone health by adding sprouted buckwheat groats. Sprouted quinoa contains all essential amino acids giving this chocolate a great protein boost as well.
Yield: 2, 14 x 14 trays
- 3 cups raw cacao butter — shaved
- 3 tablespoons sunflower lecithin (optional, known to stabilize and good for you)
- 1 1/2 cups raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup mesquite powder
- 6 tablespoons maca powder
- 7 tablespoons agave, or more to taste
- 2 1/2 cups buckwheat — soaked overnight and dehydrated
- 1/2 cup quinoa (optional) — sprouted (here the quinoa has to be sprouted, as it is too hard when not)
1) Melt the cacao butter on a double boiler.
2) Mix in the lecithin until completely incorporated.
3) Mix in all the powders and agave.
4) In a bowl, mix the chocolate with the buckwheat and quinoa until the grains are completely covered.
5) Spread onto Teflex sheets or trays, lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer until the chocolate sets.
Brake into pieces of desirable size. Keep refrigerated.