By Chef: Fee O
Posted: April 1, 2015
For those times, when you crave something to chew on in the morning; for those times, when you need a quick to go breakfast/lunch and for those times, when you want to make someone a very special morning, this BREAKFAST IN A JAR is the answer. It’s relatively low in fat (only some healthy fats from a little amount of nuts and seeds), contains all the fruit you need to get in in the morning and it amazes with its different textures and overwhelming flavors.
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 6 almonds, soaked in water for at least 1 h or overnight (leave out for a nut-free version)
- 4 pitted medjool dates
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 t pure vanilla extract
- 2 T JumpUp and GoGo Original or Vegan (the Classic one contains bee pollen)
- OR 2 T raw cacao/carob powder
- 1/4 cup water
Apple orange compote
- 2 medium sweet apples, 2 medium oranges, 2 tangerines , 1 T cinnamon powder, few drops pure vanilla extract, 3 T lemon juice, 1 t raw agave syrup (raw honey, or any other liquid sweetener you like)
- 1/4 cup + 1 T sunflower seeds, 2 T sesame seeds, 6 almonds, soaked in water for at least 1 h or overnight (leave out for a nut-free version), 4 pitted medjool dates, 1 T lemon juice, 1 t raw agave syrup (or any other sweetener you like)
Fresh fruit layer
- 1 medium orange
For the caramel pudding
- Blend almonds in water.
- Add bananas, dates, cinnamon, vanilla, JumpUp and GoGo or cacao/carob and blend until smooth.
- Place in fridge overnight to let it harden (will be an awesome pudding the next morning, I promise — I could turn the cup around without the pudding moving a bit).
For the compote
- Chop all fruits and mix in a small bowl with lemon juice, cinnamon and vanilla. Cover with a lid or wrap and let sit in the fridge overnight to let the flavors develop.
For the muesli
- Process 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, almonds and dates until chunky. In a bowl, add lemon juice and agave syrup and mix well to get crumble.
- For the fresh fruit, chop your orange.
- The next day, layer compote, muesli, fresh fruit and pudding.