By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: January 12, 2015
This recipe comes with a warning from the chef: be mindful of who you share it with, it may very well inspire hugs and kisses! Lemony, creamy, buttery, and perfectly balanced between sweet and tart, these delicate cheesecake tartlets are in a league of their own.
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sultana or raisins
- 1.5 cups raw cashews
- 4 TBSP raw honey or maple syrup
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil + 2 TBSP
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- optional (but so good): 3 drops of essential lemon oil, food grade 1/2 cup blueberries
- extra blueberries (halved) and extra poppy seeds
- Add the base ingredients to a blender and whiz until you get a sticky dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts and press into the mini cheesecake molds. Pop into the freezer.
- Add the cashews, honey/maple syrup, lemon zest and juice, 1/4 cup melted coconut oil to the blender and whiz until it becomes super smooth. If needed, add a bit of extra water, but only a bit at a time.
- Scoop out half the mix into a bowl and stir in the poppy seeds and the lemon essential oil, if using. Scoop the lemon layer onto the individual cheesecake bases.
- Add 2 TBSP coconut oil and blueberries to the remaining half of the mixture and blitz for a couple of seconds. Scoop the blueberry layer onto the lemon layer and pop into the freezer to firm up. At least 30 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle poppy seeds and top with blueberries and raw chocolate if you have any just lying around the house. Keep refrigerated.