By Chef: Paula Ansell
Posted: April 13, 2017
Delicious, creamy, tangy, sweet and….Blueberries and lemon….does anything else need to be said?? This combination is one of the absolute BEST and perfect for spring!
Yield: makes 12 cupcake size cheesecakes
- 100g Shredded Coconut
- 50g Almond Meal (ground almonds)
- 230g Dates
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 350 g raw cashews – about 2 cups, soaked for atleast 4 hours
- 270 g Blueberries – frozen
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 80g Brown Rice Syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Put all your ingredients in your food processor and blend until a dough like consistency forms.
- Press equal amounts of base into each mold then freeze.
- Blend on high in your blender until smooth and creamy; add the coconut oil last.
- Blend until smooth, then add the coconut oil.
- Divide the mixture between the molds and stick a blueberry in the top.
- Move to the freezer to set, for at least 3 hours. Remove from the molds and allow to defrost before eating.