By Chef: Elise Museles
Posted: May 14, 2015
Filled with lots of nutrient-dense ingredients, this beautiful blue meal in a bowl is sure to help you start your day out on the right note. With blueberries, almonds, spinach, and avocados all in one place, your body will be thanking you all morning long. Don’t forget to sprinkle on some toppings for an extra nutritional boost.
- 6 ounces almond milk (you can add more for a thinner consistency)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (or any berry combination works)
- 2 handfuls spinach
- ¼ – ½ small avocado
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 dates
- Pinch of sea salt
- Toppings: hemp seeds, a few spoons of granola, fresh blueberries, bee pollen
- Optional: 2 tablespoons vanilla plant-based protein powder
- Place almond milk and spinach in a high-speed blender and puree until smooth.
- Blend in protein powder (optional).
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Top with any combination of fresh fruit, seeds, nuts, superfoods, or granola.
- Get creative.
- Whip out a spoon and dig in!