By Chef: Bethanne Wanamaker
Posted: November 7, 2012
Have you had the divinely pleasing taste experience of raw cacao paired with organic blackberries? This recipe is so easy to make, but is definitely not lacking in flavor (or antioxidants for that matter!) Wild harvested blackberries are best but if you don’t have them just choose the highest quality organic variety that you can. Low in fat and super high in nutrients, this ice cream will delight your palette and your eyes as you gaze upon the vibrant hues of purple and dark chocolate.
- 3-4 organic ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen organic and/or wild blackberries
- 1 teaspoon organic raw chocolate and/or carob powder
- sprinkle organic cinnamon powder
- 1-2 pitted dates (if you want candy-like chewy caramel bites in the ice cream)
1. Process all ingredients in a food processor until well blended. There may be some blackberry seeds remaining – process a bit longer or be OK with the seeds.
2. Spoon into a bowl & top with raw cacao nibs for a crunchy topping over a creamy vegan ice cream!