By Chef: Ksenia Avdulova
Posted: June 9, 2015
There’s no better way to start the day than with a bowlful of nourishing superfood goodness! This acai smoothie bowl will leave you glowing and beaming with its solid dose of plant-based protein, antioxidants galore, and delicious fruity flavor. It also happens to make a refreshing and highly nutritious frozen treat (think sorbet only WAY healthier) on a hot summer’s day. Don’t hold back on the yummy toppings and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup almond milk- unsweetened and homemade
- 1 pack acai (ideally organic and unsweetened)
- 1-2 Tbs Beaming superfood plant protein (or favorite plant based protein of choice)
- 1 Tbs coconut butter (optional)’
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup frozen bananas
- Pour the acai smoothie into a bowl and top with granola, your favorite berries, banana and any superfoods (I love coconut chips, bee pollen and goji berries).
*replace bananas and blueberries with 1/2 avocado 1 tsp. yacon or coconut sugar for an even lower glycemic version.