By Chef: Lisa Pitman
Posted: February 25, 2013
Nourish your relationships and the people you care for by feeding them something fantastic you’ve made by hand. Perhaps…a parfait?
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp dry ground ginger
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Soft-serve layers
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and frozen
- ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Combine the granola ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it begins to clump together.
2. In a clean food processor, blend the frozen bananas until a smooth, soft-serve-ice-cream-like consistency is achieved (approximately 2 minutes).
3. Remove 1 cup of the banana ice cream and set aside. Add the blueberries to the food processor with the remaining banana ice cream and blend until the blueberries are well incorporated.
4. Layer the parfait components in glasses, starting with granola, then the reserved banana ice cream, followed by the blueberry ice cream and repeat to fill each glass.