By Chef: Sayward Rebhal
Posted: July 19, 2012
Smokey, salty, crispy, crunchy, and just downright delicious! This recipe is everything you could want from a kale chip and more! If you don’t have a dehydrator do not despair. These can be made in your oven as well on the lowest setting with a drying time of 6-8 hours (just don’t leave your house or go to sleep!) If you do have a dehydrator your kale chips will be crispy perfection after about 12 hours at 118 degrees or so. This yummy recipe by Sayward Rebhal was adapted from Renegadehealth.
- 2 big bunches of kale
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons BBQ spice – your favorite blend
- a couple drops of liquid smoke (to taste)
- water to thin as needed
1) Rinse, de-rib, and rough tear the kale into a giant bowl.
2) Put all of the other ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
3) Pour the mixture over the kale, and use your hands to toss it all together. Squish Squish! Get it good and covered.
4) Spread the kale out evenly on lined or oiled cookie sheets if using your oven, or mesh dehydrator trays. «Cook» for 6-8 hours on the lowest setting of your oven, or dehydrate at 118 overnight, or for roughly 12 hours.