By Chef: Shannon Leparski
Posted: April 21, 2015
Make this refreshingly light and delicious basil cucumber salad a part of your plant based menu tonight! Try adding some chickpeas, hemp hearts, avocado, or sunflower seeds for a little extra plant protein.
- 1 english cucumber, quartered
- 1/3 head of cauliflower (about 2 cups, chopped)
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced small
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
CREAMY LEMON DRESSING
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons plain hummus
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- sea salt, to taste
- extra chopped basil (optional)
- In a food processor, add 1/3 of a head of cauliflower and process until crumbly and chopped small (makes about 2 cups).
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cucumber, red onion and basil. Mix until combined.
- Prepare the dressing in a small mixing bowl. Whisk all ingredients and pour over salad. Toss until combined and serve. Enjoy!
Store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 2 days but is best eaten the same day as it can get watery.
Optional add-ins: chickpeas, hemp hearts, avocado, or sunflower seeds for extra plant protein