By Chef: Brandi Doming
Posted: November 6, 2013
A delicious and versatile creamy basil cashew sauce by Brandi of The Vegan 8 spiked with a flavorful dose of garlic and onion powder, ground black pepper, nutritional yeast and a splash of lime. Blend your ingredients until smooth and then get creative! It tastes amazing paired with fresh kale and veggies as an alternative to salad dressing, or use it as a delicious sauce for spiralized root vegetable pasta, or as a yummy dip for celery, carrot, cucumber or bell pepper crudite. An absolutely simple and tasty way to add a little sauciness and pizazz to any vegetable dish!
- 1 cup raw whole cashews (120g)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup packed fresh basil
1. Add the water with the cashews to your blender and process until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and purée until very smooth and creamy.
2. Taste and add any additional seasoning, if desired.