By Chef: Marina Yanay-Triner
Posted: April 25, 2016
This dipping sauce is truly delicious. Aside from pairing it with sushi, it can also be used as a dressing, a dipping sauce for veggies, and anything else you like. It’s very thick and creamy, and pretty quick to make. It’s also a great low sodium alternative to soy sauce served traditionally with sushi. Enjoy!
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 small piece of turmeric root, or 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon good quality salt
- 1 small piece of jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 large roma tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lime
- Meat of 2 coconuts (that’s about 2 cups of coconut meat)
- 2 Medjool dates
- Use the coconut buddy to scoop out the meat from your coconuts, making sure to remove any hard woody bits. The brown, soft stuff is fine to eat.
- Place all the ingredients in the blender, and blend on high speed until completely smooth. Use your tamper, rather than adding water to blend completely, resulting in a thick and creamy sauce.