By Chef: Ingrid Weithers-Barati
Posted: January 26, 2011
Arugula together with pears and walnuts is a tasty combination. It makes a lovely salad that is simple to make. I used bosc pears but you can use any variety. Bartlett or Comice would be nice, or the crunchy texture of Asian pear.
- 3 ripe pears
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons walnut or hazelnut oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- fresh ground rainbow or black pepper
1. Peel the pears. Slice each pear in half and remove the core. Slice each pear half into four slices. Place pear slices into a large bowl.
2. Add lemon juice and oil to the pears. Combine to coat the pears.
3. Add the arugula leaves and toss gently.
4. Divide the salad onto plates and top with walnuts. Season with fresh ground pepper.
Grapeseed, olive, or flaxseed oil can be used in place of walnut or hazelnut oil.