By Chef: Stephanie Moram
Posted: September 12, 2013
With Fall comes the promise of many delicious culinary creations utilizing all that Nature has to provide – including apples! What better way to celebrate apple season than with the enjoyment of a healthy, creamy, apple pie flavored smoothie complete with fresh almond milk, dates, raw oats, cinnamon, all-spice and vanilla. This “apple pie in a glass” comes courtesy of Stephanie from Good Girl Gone Green. Click the links below for her amazing raw apple sauce and quick almond milk recipes too!
Yield: 2 cups
- 2 apples, cored and chopped or 1 cup of apple sauce
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 3 soaked dates or 1-2 Tbsp of maple syrup/agave/honey
- 1/2 cup of oats, soaked
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of all-spice
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract or flavor
- pinch of sea salt
1) Soak the oats in the 1 cup of almond milk. If you decide to use dates as your sweetener, soak them as well with the oats for about 30 minutes.
2) Once the oats and dates are ready, place in your high powered blender, I use my Blendtec.
3) Add all the ingredients except the apples and ice, and blend.
Once incorporated together add the apples, and blend until creamy.
4) Add more sweetener or spices if needed.
I am sure if you added a handful of pecans you would get a more of a crust like taste. Oh- the possibilities with this wonderful smoothie.