By Chef: Shannon Leparski
Posted: November 15, 2016
Looking for an easy, delicious breakfast idea that will keep you feeling full and nourished, that’s packed with nutrients like fiber, protein and minerals? Try this tasty chia pudding that also happens to feature the classic and comforting flavors of apple pie. Take breakfast with you on the go by making this pudding in a mason jar and letting it set in the fridge overnight. Simply give it a stir in the morning, top with some fresh fruit, and you’re good to go!
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew milk (or any plant milk)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 golden delicious apple, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (or 3-4 vanilla stevia drops)
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon crushed pecans/walnuts/pepitas
- Make the night before! Before bed, combine cashew milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg in a mason jar. Stir it until smooth and combined, making sure the chia seeds aren’t clumping.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, stir it up then add the apples and nuts. Enjoy!