By Chef: Carla Aguas
Posted: March 16, 2011
Apple Schorle’s are a very popular beverage in Germany that can order in any bar or restaurant. With a few extra green ingredient, this Schorle is perfect balcony cocktail with it’s fresh pressed apple juice, lime tanginess and fresh mint!
- 8 green Granny Smith Apples
- 4 large stalks of Celery
- 1/2 Lime, with peel cut off
- 1/4 c or 1/2 oz fresh Mint leaves
- 1 liter of Sparkling Water, chilled
1. Chop and juice the apples, celery and lime.
2. Add to a blender and blend with the mint leaves for 20 seconds on low or just until the mint leaves are in tiny mm pieces.
3. Pour into a sealable 1 liter size juice container so that you are able to shake the juice before pouring as it separates.
4. To serve, in a tall glass pour half of the Apple Mint juice (always shake before) and half sparkling water.
5. Add 3-4 ice cubes and top with a straw or cocktail spoon as this will separate and you want to be able to stir it throughout your enjoyment!