By Chef: Christian Bates
Posted: November 11, 2010
This delicious and aromatic cream of sage, rosemary and thyme soup is loaded with mood-lifting, libido-enhancing, nervous system nourishing Superfoods so as to pleasure your holiday fancy with a partner and keep you both feeling grounded and energized. Your nervous system from your brain to the sensors of your skin will come alive as the coconut oil combined with the minerals in the sea vegetables soothes your receptor sites making you feel at ease and home for the holidays from the inside out. This is also one of the few savory recipes today that contains the renowned hormone-modulating maca.
- 2 1/2 cups warm herbal tea (your choice: goji berries, he shou wu and ginger are an excellent triple combo)
- 3 tablespoons miso (chickpea miso is excellent)
- 3 tablespoons dried sea vegetables (choose from whole kelp, dulse, sea lettuce, laver and other favorites)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried sage leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon maca powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried cayenne (whole dried or powder, approximately 40,000 IU, a measurement of heat units)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon MORE dried cayenne
1. Blend in a high-speed blender on high for 1 – 2 minutes.
The soup should end up quite warm (because of starting with warm herbal tea and the warming friction of the blender) and creamy with the sea vegetables well blended. Blend longer if using a smaller blender. Feel the love for the holidays.