By Chef: Andrew Davis
Posted: August 27, 2014
Why eat a processed candy bar when you could devour one of these bad boys right here? These Almond Joy Balls by Andrew Davis of Millennial Kitchen are packed with the good stuff and leave all the corn syrup, hydrogenated oils and additives by the wayside. In fact there are just 6 simple, wholesome ingredients in this recipe: coconut flakes, almonds, cacao, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla- a combination that proves irresistible!
For the filling:
- 1 + 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the coating:
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1. In a food processor pulse all filling ingredients until well mixed.
- 2. Shape the filling into twelve mini balls. Place them on a baking pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- 3. In a bowl combine all coating ingredients.
- 4. Take each ball and dip them into the coating and place them back on the baking pan. Return them to the freezer for 10-15 minutes.