By Chef: Christina Ross
Posted: May 9, 2016
Beautiful and naturally healthful breakfast choices help to steer a new day in a positive direction. Making an acai berry bowl is as easy and throwing ingredients in a blender and flipping the switch. This recipe makes just enough to share with a friend (and a hungry toddler). Enjoy!
- 1 pack unsweetened acai (acai roots and/or sambazon are the two brands I use)
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp protein powder (I use sun warrior)
- 1 cup rice milk (more if your blender needs a little push)
- Add the above ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and *garnish with your favorite toppings.
*Top the bowl off with fresh fruits that you have on hand, nuts, seeds and other superfood sprinkles, homemade nut butters and enjoy!