By Chef: Marie Reginato
Posted: February 23, 2017
Homemade dark chocolate made easy with three ingredients – cacao butter, cacao powder and honey/maple syrup. A delicious and healthy sweet treat – especially with a sprinkling of freeze-dried raspberries.
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 1 & 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup puffed quinoa (or sprouted buckwheat)
- 1/2 cup freeze dried raspberries
- pinch of sea salt
- Fill a small saucepan with 1/3 cup of water and place a bowl on top, covering the saucepan. Once the bowl is hot and the water below is boiling melt the cacao butter inside the bowl.
- Once it has melted stir in the maple syrup and cacao powder for a few minutes until the chocolate thickens.
- Then mix in most of the puffed quinoa and raspberries – saving a few to sprinkle on top.
- Pour into a lined baking sheet and leave it to set in the freezer for an hour or so and enjoy! These will not melt so store them in the refrigerator or in the pantry, as you’d like.