By Chef: Marie Reginato
Posted: September 28, 2016
Zucchini noodles are a refreshing and light take on pasta, especially when layered in creamy pesto sauce. Save time in the morning by preparing this quick recipe the night ahead for a healthy and filling lunch at work or school.
- 2 large zucchinis
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups basil
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 ½ tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves (I like 3)
- sea salt to taste (I use 1 tsp)
- squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- Start by making the zucchini noodles with either a spiralizer or potato peeler.
- Make the pesto by adding all ingredients into a food processor and blending until creamy. Taste the pesto to see if you would like to add more salt, garlic or pepper. I like to finish my pesto with a small squeeze of lemon juice.
- Scoop the pesto on top when you are ready for lunch. Keep the zucchini and pesto separate until then, as to not wilt the zucchini noodles.