By Chef: Rachael Campbell
Posted: February 27, 2014
An absolutely perfect raw alternative to a plate of traditional pasta marinara when those cravings hit and nothing but Italian will do. This ultra healthy recipe by Rachael Campbell utilizes one of our must have raw kitchen tools: a spiral slicer. To achieve that perfect delicate angel hair pasta effect Rachael uses a slicer such as this, but you can also make a thicker spaghetti-style noodle with something like this. For a warm dish simply place your finished pasta in the dehydrator or on a low setting in the oven for a bit, the noodles will soften and the flavors will become even more concentrated. Delicious!
- 8 zucchinis, peeled and cut like angel hair or ribbon pasta, spaghetti or fettuccine noodles
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup roma tomatoes (dehydrated or sun dried)
- 1/2 cup roma tomatoes (dehydrated or sun dried) for garnish
- 2 spring onion stalk
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- oregano, rosemary and basil to garnish
- nutritional yeast to taste (savoury yeast flakes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel zucchinis and make pasta with Vegetable Spiraliser or Spirooli 3 in 1 Vegetable Slicer
1. Place all ingredients in Vitamix blend slowly, so sauce is chunky
2. Place zucchini pasta in mixing bowl and pour sauce over the top, mix well
3. Garnish — Chop fresh oregano, rosemary, and basil sprinkle on top. Place tomatoes on top of pasta and nutritional yeast to taste. Ready to serve!
Method if you would like pasta warm:
Place pasta on trays in dehydrator for 10-15 minutes on 115 fahrenheit, then it’s ready to eat. Place pasta on oven rack and keep door slightly open (you can use a spoon). Put oven on lowest temperature, you will have to watch the pasta on and off, through out the drying period as every oven is different and the temperatures vary.
*This recipe is amazing with kelp noodles
*You can also make vegetable pasta’s and noodles with another kitchen appliances called the Spirooli 3 in 1 Vegetable Slicer, it’s one of my favourite things to use in the kitchen. It makes thick ‘spaghetti’ like strands, ‘fettuccine’ style noodles or use this machine to slice. It is incredible how light and energetic you can feel after eating a delicious pasta, no tired, and sluggish feeling. Enjoy!!