By Chef: Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram
Posted: August 10, 2012
A savory low fat raw vegan recipe for totally munchable, slightly dehydrated zuchinni chips and fresh herby chunky marinara! Bring the garden straight into your kitchen with this recipe by Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram
- 2-3 medium/large Zucchini squash
- 1-2 Ripe Tomatoes
- 3 Stalks of Swiss Chard
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon (Optional)
- Half Cup of Cilantro
- Half Cup of Fresh Basil
- Fourth Cup of Fresh Oregano or Thyme (Optional)
- Add Bell Pepper for an Added Kick
1) Slice the zucchini into slices with a knife or with a mandolin.
2) Place the slices into the dehydrator and leave in for as long as desired.
The longer that you leave the slices in the dehydrator, the more crisp they become. These «chips» were left in the dehydrator about 6 hours on a low setting. Once done, organize them beautifully on a platter and get ready to make your marinara!
1) Process ingredients in a food processor until thoroughly mixed but not completely smooth. Blend to your preferred consistency!