By Chef: Natalia KW
Posted: February 10, 2011
Sweet yams tossed with crunchy cabbage, nutty hemp oil and delicate poppy seeds make a deliciously tasty and gorgeously colored autumn side dish.
- * 6 cups shredded yams (about 4 small, peeled yams, shredded in your food processor)
- * 3 cups shredded purple cabbage (preferably shredded very finely using a mandoline)
- * 3/4 cup finely sliced red onion
- * 1/2 cup hemp oil or olive oil
- * 2 tablespoons poppy seed
- * 1 tablespoon coconut or apple cider vinegar
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons Himalayan salt
1) Toss all ingredients in a large bowl and mix very well. Serve & enjoy!