By Chef: Diana Stobo
Posted: November 4, 2011
Festive and delicious, this salad can be eaten alone or as a side dish. Kale is a great source of calcium, excellent for keeping the skin supple.
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and shredded
- 1 pear, diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberriespinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup flax oil1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 -1/2 cup water, for desired consistency
Place shredded kale in a salad bowl, sprinkle kale lightly with sea salt and massage gently to soften. Let sit.
Place flax oil, cranberries, honey, onion, lemon juice, poppy seeds and salt into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add water for desired consistency. Pour desired amount over softened kale, and mix. Add Pears and cranberries, then mix and serve.