By Chef: Callie England
Posted: September 30, 2010
A perfect salad for a perfect fall afternoon. Enjoy.
- 1 head of kale (washed, rinsed and cut)
- 1 med apple (shaved thinly using mandoline)
- 2-3 C shaved red cabbage
- .5 -1 C shaved red onion
- .5 C pumpkin seeds
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the shaved apple and pumpkin seeds.
2. Massage vigorously for approximately 5-10 minutes – taste throughout massaging and adjust dressing ingredients accordingly.
3. Once kale has wilted, toss in shaved apple and pumpkin seeds.