By Chef: Akshata Sheelvant
Posted: August 7, 2014
Here is a simple way to enjoy one of summer’s greatest and most refreshing pleasures: fresh watermelon! The combination of naturally sweet melon with a touch of fresh lime juice and hint of Himalayan salt really brings an entirely new dimension of flavor to this seasonal treat.
And check out all of the fantastic benefits of watermelon (shared directly from Jeeva Lifestyle)
Aids Weight Loss
Excellent post-workout snack
Natural Stress Buster (high in Vit B6)
Great for Skin
Fights Fatigue and keeps your Metabolism in High Gear
Improves Insulin Sensitivity
Helps in Urine Infection
Helps clean and eliminate toxic waste from intestines
Good for cardiovascular health
- 1/2 medium sized seedless Watermelon
- 3- 4 tsp Lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1-2 tsp Date Sugar or any natural whole food sweetener (optional, if you get a good quality watermelon)
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder (optional)
1) Chop watermelon into big chunks and throw them in the blender. Add rest of the ingredients and blend away until you get a smooth textured puree. You could, straight away drink this — it’s AMAZING to taste!!
2) For slushy, pour this puree in an airtight glass container and freeze it for 4-5 hours. When it’s solid, take it out of the freezer and let it defrost for awhile, then take a fork and scrape away! You can scrape it like you see in this photo. This makes about 2-3 cups.