By Chef: Natalia KW
Posted: November 16, 2010
Garlic, ginger, turmeric, cayenne, and onion along with soaked sunflower seeds create a warming and grounding seed pâté perfect for those Vata dosha types out there.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- ½”x½” cube of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1½ TB onion
- 1/3 c. red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 c. carrot, chopped
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1½ TB curry powder
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp salt
- pinch of cayenne, or to taste — here’s where you can really turn on the heat
- 1 c. sunflower seeds, soaked for 4 hours, drained and rinsed well
1) In a food processor use the “S” blade to chop the garlic and ginger. Scrape the sides of your processor with a spatula.
2) Add all remaining ingredients except sunflower seeds. Pulse until veggies are chopped, but not puréed and spices are well combined. Scrape the sides of the processor once again.
3) Add the sunflower seeds and process until the seeds are finely chopped and all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
Serve at room temperature on flax crackers with a steaming cup of spicy chai tea.