By Chef: Ariane Resnick
Posted: November 5, 2013
Raw, vegan, paleo-friendly, gluten free and superfood enhanced (whew!) mini cheesecakes featuring two of the best fruits nature has to offer: mango and persimmon! This recipe by Ariane Resnick features some truly unique and tasty ingredients such as Ancient Wisdom’s herbal superfood blend and Dastony’s truly raw nut butters in flavors cashew and sprouted almond.
Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups Living Intentions Sprouted Super Flour (crazy unique superfood raw organic flour product, no substitution would work and it will change your raw culinary world so you should basically have it on hand already)
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar, maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 3 scoops Ancient Wisdom
- 2 tbls Dastony’s sprouted almond butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 small very ripe Hachiya persimmons, or 1 large
- 3/4 cup raspberries (frozen are fine, they’re for color)
- 1 cup Dastony raw cashew butter
- 1/4 cup chopped mango
- 1/4 cup milk product
- zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbls coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mango
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 tbls coconut oil
1) Mix dry ingredients together (everything except the nut butter, sweetener and oil), then incorporate wet. 2) Stir with a fork until a heavy dough that is slightly crumbly forms. Dough should shape easily, but not be gooey. 3) Add extra flour by the tbls if needed to obtain a slightly crumbly texture. 4) Line 12 muffin tins and divide mixture evenly among 12 cups, pressing crust up around sides of each. Freeze while you make other layers.
1) Remove calyxes from persimmons, then add all ingredients into a high power blender. Blend until creamy and smooth. 2) Divide mixture between the 12 muffin cups, and put back in freezer.
1) Blend all ingredients in a high power blender until creamy and smooth, then divide between 12 cups once the persimmon layer in the freezer is slightly firm.
Garnish: Drizzle cashew butter atop the mango layer and pull through decoratively with a toothpick if desired.
Raw, vegan, paleo-friendly, gluten free and superfood enhanced (whew!) mini cheesecakes featuring two of the best fruits nature has to offer: mango and persimmon!