By Chef: Emma Potts
Posted: January 29, 2014
The perfect balance of creamy texture, sweetness and carrot cake spice…. Have your (carrot) cake and drink it too with this absolutely delicious and satisfying smoothie recipe by Emma Potts of Coconut and Berries! Garnish with a sprinkling crumbled Dastony coconut butter to mimic the flavor of a coconut butter frosting. So yummy!
- 1 Medium Carrot, washed and chopped (or grated if you’re blender is not high-powered)
- 1C Almond milk
- 2T Rolled oats (GF if necessary)
- 1T Chia seeds
- 1t Maca powder1/2t Vanilla extract
- 3/4t Cinnamon
- 1/2t Ground Ginger
- Pinch of ground Cloves
- Generous grating of Nutmeg
- 1T Liquid sweetener (I use yacon syrup and like the slightly molasses-ey flavour, but agave nectar or maple syrup are fine)
- 1 Scoop vegan vanilla protein Powder OR 1 Frozen Banana
- 1/4C Ice
1) Add all the ingredients, except the ice, to your blender jar and blend on high until completely smooth.
2) Scrape down sides, check for sweetness, add ice and blend again.
3) Pour into a large glass and enjoy!
— If you’re using a frozen banana you may not need the ice.
— Like toppings on your smoothies? Crumbled coconut butter makes a wonderful «frosting»