By Chef: Vanessa Vickery
Posted: September 18, 2017
Tis the season for warm, immune-boosting tonics. This recipe builds on a classic turmeric golden milk latte, but is much more likely to make a suitable stand-in for your morning cup of coffee thanks to the addition of cacao. While turmeric brings anti-inflammatory benefits to the table thanks to its curcumin content, raw cacao powder boosts the recipe with additional iron, magnesium, and antioxidants, helps energize the body, and elevate the mood.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 heaped tsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 toothpick cinnamon essential oil (or 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon)
- 1 toothpick ginger essential oil (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 toothpick black pepper essential oil (or 1/4 tsp ground black pepper)
- 1 tsp stevia (or your favourite sweetener, add more if needed)
- Heat the almond in a small saucepan on low-medium heat until it reaches your desired temperature.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until frothy.
Note: If you are using essential oils, you can add more than 1 toothpick of the cinnamon and ginger oils. Just adjust to suit your preferences.