By Chef: Golubka
Posted: March 12, 2018
Not a fan of straight carrot juice? Try doctoring it up with ginger, turmeric, lemon and honey, which has an enormous side benefit of giving the immune system an even more powerful boost. It’s delicious – potent, refreshing, spicy and sinus-clearing, and a little goes a long way.
Yield: 1 glass
- 8-10 large carrots — peeled if not organic
- 1″ piece ginger or more — peeled if not organic
- 1″ piece fresh turmeric root — peeled if not organic
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Run the carrots, ginger, turmeric and lemon through a juicer.
- Pour juice into a blender, add the honey and blend until the honey is incorporated. Enjoy.
1. I like to use organic lemons for this juice, so that I can run the peel through the juicer and get its oils and benefits into the tonic. 2. I generally use a bit more than 1″ of ginger for this amount of juice, but I like things really fiery. If you are the same way, add some more ginger. 3. We both have this Omega juicer and absolutely love it.