By Chef: Emily von Euw
Posted: August 29, 2017
You know what they say: we eat first with our eyes. And this raw trail mix chocolate recipe is a true feast for all of the senses. Just look at those colors and combination of crunchy and chewy textures! Use your favorite raw trail mix blend to customize your recipe.
Yield: makes 3 chocolate bars
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or cacao butter)
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup finely ground coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup trail mix (I like this one)
- 1 tablespoon Harmonic Arts’ Activate Superfood Upgrade
- In a small, heavy-bottomed pot, melt the coconut oil and whisk in the cacao, vanilla, salt, sweeteners and Activate Superfood Upgrade until smooth and delicious. (If it’s too thick, add a lil more coconut oil, or throw the mixture into a blender and add a lil almond milk.)
- Stir in the cranberries.
- Pour into chocolate molds or onto a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle on the trail mix and put the chocolate in the freezer for at least 20 minutes or until it hardens. Keep in the fridge. Enjoy!