By Chef: Alex Malinsky
Posted: January 28, 2011
This lovely flat bread will become a staple in your raw food kitchen. Use it in an open faced sandwich stacked with veggies and avocado, or with a cashew cheese or other yummy spread.
- 2 C Soaked Wheat (Oat groats can be substituted)
- 1 C Almonds Soaked overnight
- 1 C Ground Flax
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 C Tomato Puree (from fresh tomatoes)
- 1 C Water
1. The night before, soak almonds and grain (separately). When you are ready to make the bread, drain.
2. Start food processor and drop in garlic. once it is processed, add almonds. Process until well ground. Place in large bowl.
3. Put wheat or oat grouts in processor. Process until a mash is made. Do not over process once you reach that stage.
4. Put in bowl with almonds and garlic.
5. Add flax and combine.
6. Add water and tomato puree. Mix well.
7. Spread on teflex sheets to about 1/4 inch thick. Score. Dehydrate for 1 hour at 145. Reduce heat to 116 and continue to dry for 2 more hours.
8. Peel sheets off and continue to dry (tops up) until dry. This can 6 hours or more depending on your dehydrator, humidity, etc.