By Chef: Paula Ansell
Posted: April 6, 2017
2 delicious crunchy Maca and Cacao biscuits, with a soft chocolate cream in the middle that sort of oooozes out the side when you bite into it. If you’ve ever had a “real” Tim Tam get ready to be blown away by this healthy raw version. Just heavenly.
- 300g shredded coconut
- 300g Almond Meal
- 30 Maca
- 30g cacao powder
- 100ml Maple
- 140ml Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbs Coconut Sugar
- 130g raw cashews – soaked
- 180ml Coconut milk – tinned
- 8g raw cacao powder
- 2 tbs Coconut oil – melted
- 1/3 cup Maple
- 3/4 cup Coconut oil – melted
- 1/4 cup cacao butter – melted
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 50g cacao powder
- Mix together until combined, it will be a little sticky but it will form together once the coconut oil chills.
- Divide evenly between the two trays. Spread and press down with a spatula until even across the tin.
- Put in the freezer to set.
- Blend all ingredients but melted coconut oil until smooth. Then add coconut oil and blend again.
- Pull out both of the brownie tins and pour the cream over one and smear across the surface, ensuring it is even.
- Grab the other biscuit, remove from the tin and carefully lay it onto the cream and push down firmly to ensure it fills any gaps.
- Move to the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Once the cream has set it is time to cut. This can be tricky, it might be easier with a bread knife. As the biscuit is crunchy it may crumble, but be gentle when cutting, because you can avoid it.
- Once cut lay onto a tray lined with parchment paper and put in the freeze while you make your dipping chocolate. (below)
- Remove the biscuits from the freezer and grab two forks and dip each one into the chocolate and onto the tray.
- Once you have dipped them all you can decorate them however you like. I swizzled some chocolate all over them and sprinkled some Maca over the top. I love the messy look, because I am a messy human being.Enjoy
- Blend in the food processor for 7 seconds and scrap down the sides and once more for 3 seconds, pour into a small but deep bowl.