By Chef: Summer Sanders
Posted: December 18, 2013
This is THE meal to make if you’re craving something tasty but don’t have the energy or time for anything elaborate. This raw pasta dish by Summer Sanders of Radiantly Raw Lifestyles is so fresh, delicious, and satisfying and as a bonus has minimal cleanup involved! Triple win. The sauce is open to your own interpretation and can be made with added ingredients such as bell pepper, shallots, or basil. Top with a few extra pine nuts and dig in!
- 1 cucumber, zucchini or yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup of cashews or brazil nuts
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes (1/4 cup leave out of sauce mix)
- 2-3 sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- 1 small date, pitted
- any fresh Italian herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- pinch of italian seasoning
- dash of red wine (optional)
- pine nuts for topping
1) Spiralize the noodle of choice. Set aside. I used peeled cucumber in the photo.
2) Blend together all the sauce ingredients. If you want a heartier sauce, add more sun-dried tomatoes and wine. You can omit the nuts from the sauce if you would like a more traditional taste. Super easy! Super tasty.
I like to drizzle a bit of olive oil on my noodles before I add the sauce. ENJOY!