By Chef: Carla Aguas
Posted: January 17, 2011
Raw vegan sushi is way more flavorful and nutritious than cooked! This recipe is rice-free, instead using a raw sundried tomato spread as the binding ingredient. These sushi rolls are packed with fresh veggies and amazing flavor!
- 1 Cucumber
- 3 large Carrots peeled
- 1 large ripe Avocado
- 5-6 Nori Roll Sheets
- Pickled Ginger
- Wasabi or Sriracha (optional, if you like spice)
- Sundried Tomato Spread (recipe on chef’s main page)
- Sushi Rolling Mat
1. Peel the cucumber and slice in half lengthwise and cut off the ends.
2. Using a large spoon, scoop out the soft seeds from the inside of cucumber. Cut in half again and thinly slice.
3. Next take the peeled carrots and continue peeling the carrot to achieve long ribbons.
4. Slice the avocado in half and lengthwise into thin strips.
5. Now arrange all the ingredients in front of you to prepare the sushi rolling!
6. Spread the Sundried Tomato Spread on the nori roll and add the carrot ribbons on top.
7. Layer on the cucumber, avocado, pickled ginger and wasabi or Sriracha.
8. Carefully roll the nori roll using a Sushi Rolling Mat. Tighten the roll with the mat often to keep it in perfect shape.
9. Using a sharp knife cut the sushi roll into sixths.