By Chef: Emma Potts
Posted: January 17, 2014
An ultra nourishing and flavorful salad by Emma Potts of Coconut and Berries! This recipe is full of healthy probiotics and fresh crunchy veggies with plenty of naturally occurring sulphur – a crucial mineral that helps give the skin a beautiful glow. Fresh and cultured cabbage combines with kale, fennel, red onion, radish, mint and cucumber all coated in a splash of sweet and tangy Dijon and apple cider vinaigrette. So Yummy!
- 1/2 Small head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1C (packed) Chopped kale
- 1 Fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2C Sliced radishes
- 1/2 Medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3/4C Raw, unpasteurized sauerkraut, well drained
- 2-3 Green onions, sliced
- Large handful of roughly chopped mint
- 3T Olive oil
- 2T Apple cider vinegar
- 1T Agave nectar (or other liquid sweetener, e.g. maple syrup, yacon syrup, etc.)
- 1/2T Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1) Toss together all the vegetables in large bowl.
2) Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the salad.
3) Toss well. The flavour is best after leaving this salad to sit for a few hours so the vegetables can soak up the flavours and soften slightly.