By Chef: Amber Crawley
Posted: July 31, 2012
Delicious energy cookie bars with a chewy sweet consistency, perfect for travel or when you’re on the run. This recipe by Amber Crawley is also a great one for kids, and if you add a bit of vegan protein powder it will also really help up their amino acids for the day. Simple, wholesome nutrition in a cookie-like energy bar!
Yield: 1 dozen
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons vegan protein powder (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
1) Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are finely ground and the dates are well-incorporated.
2) Press the mixture into a wax-paper-lined 8- or 9-inch square pan and freeze for at least one hour.
3) When frozen, cut into 12 squares. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.