By Chef: Jodi Burke
Posted: June 26, 2014
Chia is a true superfood all-star with loads of omega 3’s, fiber, minerals including calcium and iron, essential amino acids and antioxidants! The antioxidants, in fact, help keep the chia seeds’ delicate oils from going rancid, making them a great alternative to more volatile seeds such as flax when it comes to an omega 3 boost.
Enjoy this delicious and health promoting chocolate pudding by Jodi Burke featuring our favorite superfood seed along with raw cacao, avocado and vanilla!
- 2 tbsp Chia seed in 1 cup water and let soak for at least an hour – the longer the better as the softer the seed becomes but it will work with an hour. It will become gelatenous and I did add a little more water to mine as it got a bit too thick, add up to 1/2 cup more of water if it is too thick
- 3 tbsp raw Cacao Powder
- 4 tbsp Agave (or Honey or Brown Rice syrup)
- 1 Avocado (or you can also use 2 Bananas or 1 peeled Mango)
- the fruit will make it a little more sweet than the Avocado so you can always cut the sweetener back a tbsp
- 1 tsp Vanilla
1. Once the Chia has soaked for at least an hour, throw all ingredients into a Vitamix or Blender and blend until smooth.
If you are going to serve it right away, throw in 2-3 ice cubes to make it cooler.