By Chef: Tina Leigh
Posted: July 23, 2015
Paired up with mineral and antioxidant-rich cacao, the zinc and high quality omegas of pumpkinseed butter, and assimilation-ready chocolate plant protein, this blend of mood-enhancing superfood love is next level goodness. You will be starting your day with what your mouth will think is dessert, but your body will recognize as functional fuel. It’s time for you to go make this smoothie, and get that Summer Lovin feeling going.
Yield: 2, 12oz smoothies
- 2 handfuls green (such as spinach and kale)
- 2 scoops Epic Protein Chocolate Maca protein powder
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon raw maca root powder
- 1-2 tablespoons Dastony Sprouted Pumpkin Seed Butter (or other nut/seed butter you enjoy)
- 1/4 medium avocado
- 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener such as honey, yacon or coconut nectar
- 1 3/4 cups cold vanilla plant milk
- 6-8 large ice cubes
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients. Purée on high for thirty seconds.
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with a variety of crunchy goodies like cacao nibs, hemp seeds, maca maple cashews, coconut flakes, or anything else you have on hand!