By Chef: Alexandra Dawson
Posted: August 4, 2016
Radiating that perfect pop of summer sunshine, this five-ingredient smoothie combines a mix of seasonal berries, ripe and speckled banana, nut butter, chia, and creamy dreamy macadamia nut milk. A complete meal in itself, try serving this macadamia milk smoothie topped with extra fresh berries, a melty dollop of nut butter, and raw nuts and coconut flakes for added crunch.
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1 cup mixed summer berries, frozen
- 2 tablespoons raw nut butter of choice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup macadamia milk (RFR tip: make it fresh by blending 1 part macadamia nuts to 3-4 parts water then strain through a nut milk bag)
- melty nut butter
- fresh strawberries
- fresh raspberries
- dehydrated shredded coconut
- dehydrated goji berries
- chia seeds
- In a high speed blender, whiz all ingredients until very smooth. Smoothie will be on the thicker side, ideal for pouring into your favorite bowl and munching on with a spoon. To make your smoothies sippable, add an additional 1 cup milk while blending.
- Divide evenly between two bowls or cups, serve, and enjoy!