By Chef: Tess Masters
Posted: August 9, 2012
Sprouted foods will add a plethora of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and phytonutrients into your recipes! This smoothie by Tess Masters combines fresh (or frozen) strawberries with coconut water, lemon, dates and the green power of romaine as well as Sprout Living’s freeze dried broccoli and kale sprout mix. This mix provides an abundance of minerals like vitamin K and calcium, as well as antioxidants and chlorophyll. This recipe is an easy way to get sprouts into your body, and you’ll hardly even know they’re in there!
Yield: 4, 8oz glasses
- 3 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce or baby spinach
- 2 cups ice if using fresh fruit
- 1 ½ cups filtered water or raw coconut water
- ¼ cup lemon flesh (1 whole lemon peeled with pips removed)
- ¼ cup or 1/3 cup chopped pitted dates depending on your taste preference
- 6 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Sprout Living Broccoli & Kale Sprout Mix
1) Place the water into your Vitamix first , and then the other ingredients.
2) You will need your tamper to help start the mixing.
3) Puree until smooth and creamy.
Tweak flavours to taste and devour. You might want some more lemon juice or sweetener. You could thin this out with more water for more of a drink consistency. YUMMO