By Chef: Lisa Viger
Posted: June 29, 2016
Just two tablespoons of flax seeds, weighing in at 95 calories, contains over 140% of the daily value of omega 3 fatty acids. These fatty acids can protect against diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer, and also decrease inflammation. Be sure to grind your flax seeds instead of chucking them into the blender whole for better nutrient assimilation and flavor.
- 2 bananas, frozen and sliced
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 4 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 1 cup almond milk
- a few almonds, chopped
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and puree until very smooth.
- Garnish with a few chopped almonds, if desired.