By Chef: Diana Stobo
Posted: December 30, 2010
A delicious and satisfying raw vegan version of tapioca pudding full of omega 3 fatty acids.
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup fresh organic strawberries, approximately 12-14
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw agave nectar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup Chia seeds
fresh coconut milk:
- 3/4 cup coconut meat
- 1 cup coconut water
To prepare fresh coconut milk:
1) Place the water and coconut meat in high-speed blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
To make pudding:
1) Place the coconut milk, almond milk, strawberries, and agave in a blender, blend till smooth.
2) Then pour the mixture in a glass bowl and stir or whisk in the chia seeds. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes , until set.
3) Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Will last in refrigerator for up to 3 days.