By Chef: Alex Malinsky
Posted: April 20, 2011
Scrumptious and and extremely flavorful strawberry “soup”. The strawberry elevates this soup to a flavor profile you have to try to imagine.
- 1 or 2 punnets of strawberries (depending on how strawberry like you like it)
- 1 vanilla pod, deseeded
- ½ cup of Thai coconut water
- ¼ yellow onion
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- A pinch of nama shoyu
- Pink Himalayan sea salt to taste
- 1/2 spring onion julienned or 4 leaves basil
1. Pulse all the ingredients for the Strawberry Breeze together until semi chunky in consistency.
1. Place the julienned spring onion or basil in a bowl of cold water and refrigerator for about 5 minutes.
2. Wash your edible flowers or any flowers.
1. Pour the soup into two lovely glasses or bowls.
2. Garnish with spring onions and flowers..