By Chef: Christina Ross
Posted: December 31, 2012
A simple, adorable recipe by Christina Ross of Love-Fed.com makes the perfect finger food dessert for your party! Fresh strawberries soaked in lemon juice and honey (or maple syrup if you avoid bee products) combined with chia seeds to thicken, mashed and placed atop a sweet cashew and almond flour cookie.
For the topping:
- 1 pack of strawberries
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons honey (or maple syrup, if you’re eschewing honey)
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
For the cakes:
- 1 cup cashew flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1/8 cup honey
1. For the topping, soak 8 hulled strawberries in lemon juice and honey (or maple syrup). Smoosh the berries by hand and stir in chia seeds. Let sit for 10 minutes to thicken. Set aside.
2. For the cakes, combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until ingredients clump together.
3. Using an ice cream scoop form cashew mixture into balls and press in the center with thumb or back of spoon.
4. Strain strawberry mixture to remove juices. Fill cakes with strawberry preserves.
Refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.