By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: November 13, 2014
If you’re looking for a new tasty raw app to try look no further. A creamy garlic macadamia soft “cheese” spread paired with slices of fresh yellow squash. This recipe will come together in 5 minutes or less! Feel free to also use zucchini if they’re more accessible to you. Enjoy!
- 1.5 cups macadamia nuts (about 180gr)
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- about 1/2 tsp of your favorite dry herbs (thyme, oregano, rosemary, dill go very well in this)
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- chili flakes, to taste
- yellow squash slices or cucumber or zucchini, lemon, fresh herbs (like parsley or basil), chili (optional), pepitas
- Add all ingredients for the ‘cheese’ to a powerful blender and whiz for few seconds until you get a thick, creamy, smooth mix.
- Cut your yellow squash into thin slices and add about 1/2 tsp of soft ‘cheese’ on top of each (this really depends on the size of your squash slice – mine were small).
- Sprinkle some drill (dry or fresh if you have), chili flakes, top with fresh herbs and pepitas and serve right away.
This nut cheese recipe makes quite a lot, enough to make appetizers for a bunch of your friends.