By Chef: Hannah Mendenhall
Posted: May 14, 2012
Such a simple, light, fresh salad that would make a great accompaniment to a creamy raw avocado soup or even addition to a green leafy salad. Or of course just eaten on it’s own as a side salad. It is a lovely combination of fresh flavors and is packed full of sprout life force and nutrition. Lentil sprouts in particular are very easy to digest and are rich in protein, iron, folate, potassium, and niacin making them a great addition to a vegetarian diet!
- 4 c sprouted green lentils
- 3 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 t Celtic Sea salt
- 1 t black pepper
1. To sprout lentils soak overnight, rinse, and line in a glass jar or bowl. I prefer to use several glass bowls. Rinse at least once a day until lentils sprout about 1/4 inch. This could take a couple of days 🙂
2. Then toss all ingredients in a mixing bowl and you’re done.