By Chef: Amanda Brocket
Posted: April 20, 2016
This Spring Beets & Citrus Detox Salad not only tastes beautiful and zingy, the flavours are fresh for this time of year, its the perfect salad to kick start your Spring detox with.
- 6 baby beets, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 – 2 navel oranges
- 1/2 bunch kale, centre ribs removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1/3 C raw pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/4 C fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 C fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 C fresh basil, choppedt
For the Dressing
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 t raw honey
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 t himalaya salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add all dressing ingredients together and combine well. Use 1/2 of dressing to mix with prepared beets and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, toss all ingredients together – reserving some segmented oranges and pistachios for garnish.